Helping You Learn Your Way
Test Prep: FCAT/PARCC, SAT, ACT, End of Course Exams
Academic Coaching … and more!
· Develop essential skills in…
o Study Skills
o Organizational Skills
o Test-taking Strategies
· Provide individual attention to each student
o Cultivate personalized learning strategies
o Increase confidence
o Improve attitude
o Meet and exceed academic goals
· Monitor student progress
o Communicate with the classroom instructor
o Access student grades on-line
· Convenient for today’s busy lifestyles
o Flexible scheduling: session times tailored to the student’s schedule
o Flexible location: on-site or at a neutral public venue (i.e. public library)
o Complementary initial consultation
o $40 per hour standard session rate
o $50 per hour AP course and SAT/ACT Prep session rate
o Museum members receive 10% discount
o Income-based sliding scale rates available upon request to qualifying families
· Let us help you earn the scores you need for promotion and graduation. Assistance is available with one-to-one tutoring. Please contact Terry Lauretta at 863-687-3869 for more info.
· Earn the score that gets you into your college of choice! Help is available via either one-to-one tutoring or small group classes. Please contact Terry Lauretta at 863-687-3869 for more info.
· Interested in a fulfilling part-time job with flexible hours helping students reach their full potential? If you are a certified teacher and want to learn more about tutoring opportunities, please contact Terry Lauretta at 863-687-3869.
What makes us different?
· Our assistance is not scripted.
· We take a genuine interest in the students and in their well-being because connecting is an essential component of effective tutoring.
· We engage in frequent and meaningful communication with parents.
· We take the students as they are, at their existing level of ability, and move them forward according to their learning styles and the requirements dictated by the curriculum.
· We accommodate specific learning disabilities.
· We strive to fill the gaps which exist in the students’ background knowledge as we help them keep up with the current skills being taught in the classroom.
· We establish expectations with our students and help them meet or exceed those expectations, holding them accountable for their full participation throughout the entire process.
“I have been using Explorations V since its inception & feel they offer an incredible value to parents and students. My student has benefited greatly from the one on one instruction as well as participating in SAT prep courses.” BE, parent 12th gr. student
For more information on Tutoring & Test Prep call the Museum at 863-687-3869