Full Time Tutoring for your eLearning Student
Parents and caregivers across the United States are making hard decisions about their child’s school year experience with concerns around COVID-19 and safety. Explorations V Children’s Museum has provided quality one-on-one tutoring for over a decade, hosted thousands of children in summer camp programs, and even more in after school workshops. The Museum is using these 30 years of experience to roll out a unique full-time tutoring program, on-site at the Museum for your student participating in eLearning.
This program is intended for children who are enrolled as a full time eLearning student for the Fall semester but could benefit from a trained educator guiding their school virtual curriculum and safe, small social setting.
Here’s how it works:
The program is limited to 6 students.
The student must commit to the full 16-weeks of the Fall semester.
The student is encouraged to bring their own laptop/chromebook but a computer is available if needed.
A qualified tutor (minimum Bachelor’s degree and experience) keeps the students on track and reports daily accomplishments with any remaining homework at the end of each day.
The Museum’s certified teacher on staff assists and supervises regularly.
Relationships are everything:
This small, safe setting simulates the relationships built by a student and teacher that help keep students engaged.
The first week will be spent documenting routines and playing more games than a typical day to help the tutor and the other students build their social relationship and trust. This is a critical component to a child’s willingness to learn.
The tutor will be available for the parent/caregiver. This is a shared responsibility to make sure the child is set up for success. We will strive for a team approach for accomplishing academic progress.
- This full time eLearning option maintains safety and social distancing that may not be available to all brick and mortar schools.
- It is a helpful compromise for working parents who are not ready for their student to attend a full campus.
- It allows for socialization and executive function skills building promoted by the Museum’s hands-on and project based learning environment.
- Full time eLearning tutoring is Monday – Friday, 8am – 3pm.
- Open to children enrolled in grades Kindergarten through Fifth.
- Begins the first day of Polk County Public Schools (currently August 24) and goes through the final day of the first semester on the Polk County Public Schools calendar.
- Tuition for the semester is $2,200 ($137/week). There is a $100 non-refundable deposit required at the time of booking . Payments can be made all at once or on a monthly payment plan.