SCHOOL CLOSURE DAY CAMPS
Your Explorations V Children’s Museum is temporarily altering operations in response to the viral outbreak here and across the world and is closed to the general public. As a 501c3 nonprofit, we were founded to meet the critical community need of providing hands-on learning for children through all five senses. Staying true to that mission, we are providing limited yet very needed services while Polk County Schools are not in session. With limited class size, it is highly recommended you call ahead to check availability for the day or days you want to book.
Limited Day Camps will be open for children ages 5-9 which the Museum is closed to the public. All families are welcome and priority will be given to families of hospital employees, emergency response, and critical services like waste management and utilities.
How will the camps be safe?
- Following the most recent CDC guidelines, no more than 10 people will be in the room. 9 students and 1 teacher.
- Each room will be on a different floor of the Museum and students will stay on the floor of their classroom.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures are in place and will continue through the duration.
- Teachers received extra training on frequency of hand washing and classroom hygiene.
- Students who are ill will not be permitted to stay at the day camp.
What will happen in camp?
- The Museum uses specially developed hands-on lesson plans written by experienced educators.
- Topics will change daily and will meet the developmental needs of the children attending.
- All lessons are fun, sensory based, and tied to school standards.
- Students who have laptops or tablets that can access Polk County School Board’s eLearning tools may bring in their device and Museum educators will help with lessons.
Are scholarships available?
Essential workers receive a full scholarship with a grant from the United Community Relief Fund. Scholarships will be offered with proof of employment while funds remain. Scholarships cannot be booked online and must be reserved by calling the Museum at 863-687-3869.
How do I register?
Registering is easy. It can be done by calling the Museum at (863) 687-3869 or online using the form below. Your registration is not complete unless all fields on the form are filled out. Incomplete forms may result in your child not securing their spot in the camp.
Special Learning Opportunities
Ready to Book
- Check out online using the form below from our partners at Donor View.
- Select the number of camp spots you need from the boxes below and fill out the payment information. NOTE after you select “Credit Card” the box will appear ABOVE your name to input your card number.
- After you submit your payment, a page will appear which is REQUIRED. This form must be filled out and submitted. It will make drop off fast and easy.
- Have questions? Give us a call! (863) 687-3869